From Gregory Nutt <spudan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] NuttX Proposal
Date Fri, 29 Nov 2019 13:05:52 GMT

>> I imagine that it will take a month or two to get the GitHub repositories ready for
prime time.
> The physical transfer shouldn’t take that long, fixing up all the headers and licenses
may take longer but that’s OK when using the work in progress disclaimer, you can makes
incubating ASF release that don’t fully comply with ASF policy when including that disclaimer.
Yes, releasing with a disclaimer should work and cut the transition
period down to a few weeks.  For that transition time, I am not thinking
about physically moving the repositories.  That should be quick.  But
getting the organization and workflow in place to manage commits will
take a little time.  Everyone is new at this except me and I am the bad
example.

>> with changes pulled into the Apache Github until such time that support can transition
seamlessly to GitHub.
> Im not sure how easy that’s going to be, generally infra have made a single transfer
and I’m not aware of any projects that tried this approach. It would require some discussion
with infra to see what’s possible here.

If it is not possible to automate this, then changes originated from old
retiring Bitbucket could be handled as normal PRs.  That is not unusual.

Greg