From Gregory Nutt <spudan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] NuttX Proposal
Date Fri, 29 Nov 2019 03:29:44 GMT
Hello,

It is our intention to use the Apache GitHub.  I have been using
Bitbucket for a few years and have resisted moving to GitHub.  I like
Bitbucket only because I know how to use it (My favorite tools are
always the ones I know how to use).  But GitHub is the plan of record if
NuttX is accepted as a podling.

I do have some question about the transition.  NuttX is a very active
project with a large user base.  We have to both (1) modify the code
base to conform to licensing and other requirements, but also (2)
continue to support the community with quality releases. I imagine that
it will take a month or two to get the GitHub repositories ready for
prime time.  During that time, I think that the Bitbucket/BSD
repositories should continue with business as usual with changes pulled
into the Apache Github until such time that support can transition
seamlessly to GitHub.

Does that seem reasonable?  We may be somewhat different from other
podlings because of the state and maturity of the code.

Greg

On 11/28/2019 9:04 PM, Justin Mclean wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Over on the google groups I saw some comments about the use of GitHub. While most ASF
projects have moved that way it not a requirement to use. You could use svn [1] or git at
Apache and be hosted on the ASF servers.  You can even be hosted at the ASF and on GitHub
[1]. Committers are not forced to use GitHub if they don't want to. Staying at bitbucket is
probably not an option, but you could talk to Infra to see if it was possible.