From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Host Dynamic Content on Apache Sever?
Date Sun, 17 Nov 2019 00:47:59 GMT
Hi,

> The website [1] is updated after negotiation with the maintainer. If
> everything is fine to you, I'd like to start request a formal approval from
> VP, Brand Management according to domain name policy [2].

The disclaimer text is a little odd "and are used with permission as of 2014.”? Is this
actually correct?

There might be a bit of a Catch 22 here in that that policy also states:
"Note that podlings in the Apache Incubator may not grant permission for third party requests
for their podling trademarks, only VPs of top level projects may do so.”

I would formally ask on tradmarks@ anyway, however be aware that IMO it’s unlikely they
will allow the “weex.io” domain, but may allow something like “weexexamples.com” or
something similar.

Thanks,
Justin