From Julian Feinauer <j.feina...@pragmaticminds.de>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] StreamPipes proposal
Date Sun, 03 Nov 2019 10:17:32 GMT
Hi,

it would of course be awesome to have JB on board.
And indeed what JB suggests was the way I was also thinking of Streampipes and had a several
discussions with Dominik already.

Currently, Streampipes is some kind of mediator between several "external" engines running
in different processes or even different nodes.
But I would especially for edge applications highly welcome something which is more "edge"
centered and designed to run in one process (which then brings us back to OSGi or Karaf or
something in the long run).

My idea would be to have this as some sort of subproject which shares things like a data model
and other abstractions, so ideally we could peel out into a "shared" core (although Dominik
already assumed it to be tons of work... __ ).

Julian