From Andrew Purtell <andrew.purt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Omid and Tephra - Graduation (or Retirement?)
Date Thu, 21 Nov 2019 22:10:36 GMT
Those aren’t comparable though, right?

Solr was a sub project that graduated to a TLP.

 Omid and Tephra are projects that instead of becoming TLP’s “graduated” into the existing
Phoenix TLP.

Not the same thing.

And also I don’t believe this result is unsuccessful. Neither Omid or Tephra code bases
are read only or discarded. Omid and Tephra past or future contributors still have a code
base and community to work with. Past Omid and Tephra committers can become Phoenix committers.
Phoenix is a stable TLP. This looks like a success.

> On Nov 21, 2019, at 4:55 PM, Dave Fisher <wave@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi Justin,
>
>> On Nov 21, 2019, at 1:48 PM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
>>
>> HI,
>>
>>> I’m going to change podlings.xml to reflect these as “graduated”. If after
discussion we have consensus to change these to “retired” then the change is easy.

>> To officially graduate that would need a board proposal would it not?
>
> To graduate as a TLP yes. To graduate as a subproject of an existing TLP no. [1]
>
> So there are two kinds of graduation as a subproject: successful like Solr, DistributedLog,
… and unsuccessful like Omid and Tephra. Certainly the “success” here is hard to measure.
Your analysis in the future should consider the resolution tag which has '<resolution tlp="true”/>’
for the TLPs.