From Dave Fisher <w...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Omid and Tephra - Graduation (or Retirement?)
Date Thu, 21 Nov 2019 21:54:48 GMT
Hi Justin,

> On Nov 21, 2019, at 1:48 PM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
>
> HI,
>
>> I’m going to change podlings.xml to reflect these as “graduated”. If after
discussion we have consensus to change these to “retired” then the change is easy.

> To officially graduate that would need a board proposal would it not?

To graduate as a TLP yes. To graduate as a subproject of an existing TLP no. [1]

So there are two kinds of graduation as a subproject: successful like Solr, DistributedLog,
… and unsuccessful like Omid and Tephra. Certainly the “success” here is hard to measure.
Your analysis in the future should consider the resolution tag which has '<resolution tlp="true”/>’
for the TLPs.

Regards,
Dave

[1] https://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#whether_to_graduate_to_subproject_or_to_top_level_project