From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release DataSketches-memory 1.2.0-incubating-RC1
Date Fri, 15 Nov 2019 22:39:49 GMT
HI,

+1 (binding)

I checked:
- incubating in name
- signatures ands hashes are fine
- includes DISCLAIMER
- LICENSE and NOTICE fine
- No unexpected binary file
- All source files have ASF headers
- Can compile from source

In LICENSE I’d suggest you change the giuthub URLs to be relative file paths (where the
file exists locally) as what in GitHub may change from what in the release.

I notice the pox.mxl and README refers to a google group. Does this still exist and is being
used?  This is also a number of datasketches.github.io links mentioned.

I notice this file [1] has an ASF header but lists a number of authors, where did this code
come from? There are a number of other author tags in other files. Where these author tags
pre-existing when the code was donated or have they been added since?

Thanks,.
Justin

1. /src/main/java/org/apache/datasketches/memory/AllocateDirectMap.java