From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache ShardingSphere (Incubating) 4.0.0-RC3
Date Thu, 21 Nov 2019 04:48:25 GMT
+1 (binding)

Regards
JB

On 18/11/2019 10:40, Juan Pan wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> This is a call for vote to release Apache ShardingSphere (Incubating) version 4.0.0-RC3.
>
> The Apache ShardingSphere community has voted on and approved a proposal to release
> Apache ShardingSphere (Incubating) version 4.0.0-RC3.
>
> We now kindly request the Incubator IPMC members review and vote on this incubator release.
>
> ShardingSphere is an open-source ecosystem consisted of a set of distributed database
middleware solutions, including 2 independent products, Sharding-JDBC & Sharding-Proxy.

> They both provide functions of data sharding, distributed transaction and database orchestration,
applicable in a variety of situations such as Java isomorphism, heterogeneous language.

> Sharding-JDBC defines itself as a lightweight Java framework that provides extra service
at Java JDBC layer.  It can be considered as an enhanced JDBC driver, which is fully compatible
with JDBC and all kinds of ORM frameworks.

> Sharding-Proxy defines itself as a transparent database proxy, providing a database server
that encapsulates database binary protocol to support heterogeneous languages.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org