From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Incubator release area clean up
Date Sat, 16 Nov 2019 23:16:21 GMT
Hi,

> Discoverability/browsing/trimming/clean (DBTC) is the net effect, of your
> proposed change. No data loss.

They are not incubating projects anymore it’s fair to assume that they don’t need the
/dist/dev area.

If a project has retired then I think it safe to assume they don’t need the release areas
either.

If a project has become a TLP we probably need to wait until they have made their next release
before removing incubating releases. Hopefully the project itself does this and cleans up
after itself  but as we can see not all do.

There is a possible alternative and that is to not have a incubating area and have all projects
just use /dist/dev/<projectname> and  /dist/release/<projectname>. That way no
clean up would be needed. The releases still have incubator disclaimers and are likely downloaded
from places where it obvious they are incubating projects. But I assume their may be some
permission issues with this approach?

Thanks,
Justin