From Dave Fisher <wave4d...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Add branding/trademark question to podling template
Date Sun, 10 Nov 2019 03:29:52 GMT
Hi Justin,

Thank you for bringing this issue forward!

Sent from my iPhone

> On Nov 9, 2019, at 3:31 PM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
>
> ´╗┐Hi,
>
> Given a few issues that have come up recently, and it seems to be something that some
podlings check just before they want to graduate rather than actively manage, I'm thinking
of putting in a question in the podling report about branding and trademarks.

> Some ideas for the question (no need to add more than one) below:
> 1. Is the PPMC actively managing the podlings brand and trademarks?
> 2. Are 3rd parties respecting and correctly using the podlings name and brand?
> 3. What actions did the PPMC take to manage the use of it name and brand?
>
> Can anyone suggest a better one? Which one do you think will be most effective in making
podling take action on this?

I would start with:

0. Has the VP, Brand approved the project name? Does the podling understand the nuances

On podling proposals we need to know if a podling needs a unique name. We need to ask if the
trademark will be assigned.

Regards,
Dave