From "vbalaji@apache.org" <vbal...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE} Apache Hudi (incubating) 0.5.0 RC5
Date Thu, 10 Oct 2019 16:31:27 GMT
Dear IPMC,
Apache Hudi (incubating) (pronounced Hoodie) stands for Hadoop Upserts anD Incrementals. Apache
Hudi (incubating) manages storage of large analytical datasets on DFS (Cloud stores, HDFS
or any Hadoop FileSystem compatible storage) and provide ability to query them. Apache Hudi
(incubating) community has voted on and approved the first source release. The source release
version is 0.5.0-incubating-rc5
Results: 3 binding +1 votes
One -0 vote with the note that "NOTICE needs to include (incubating)"
This NOTICE file inconsistency is also seen in other incubating projects. We have fixed the
inconsistency subsequently in the NOTICE file in our master branch : https://github.com/apache/incubator-hudi/commit/834c591955cfa8a9c5f286967d693932564b6764.
Here is the voting thread:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/7eac27261a475dfda25ea711e93d93e7305af38866f38e0dac80ad1f@%3Cdev.hudi.apache.org%3E
Here is the voting result email:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/053dc9462759b7db9a60e4fd651dfe207f20d317c7ae195c390c2a55@%3Cdev.hudi.apache.org%3E
The Apache Hudi community had verified the following aspects of release:
- verified checksums and signatures [SUCCESS]- license header check [SUCCESS]- No binaries
in source release [SUCCESS]
- verified RAT check [SUCCESS]
- built from source release (mvn clean install -DskipTests) [SUCCESS]
- mvn test from source release [SUCCESS]

I'd like to call a vote in general to approve the first release of Apache Hudi (incubating). Please
review and vote on the release candidate #5 for the version 0.5.0, as follows:
[ ] +1, Approve the release [ ]   0 I don't feel strongly about it, but I'm okay with the
release
[ ] -1, Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)

The complete staging area is available for your review, which includes:
   - JIRA release notes [1]
   - The official Apache source release to be deployed to dist.apache.org [2], which are signed
with the key with fingerprint AF9BAF79D311A3D3288E583F24A499037262AAA4 [3],
   - all artifacts to be deployed to the Maven Central Repository [4]
   - source code tag "release-0.5.0-incubating-rc5" [5]

   - https://jira.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12322822&version=12346087

   - https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/hudi/hudi-0.5.0-incubating-rc5/
   - https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/hudi/KEYS
   - https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehudi-1005/
   - https://github.com/apache/incubator-hudi/tree/release-0.5.0-incubating-rc5

We also have a new release validation script available in master to automate the usual checks.
To run this

   - git clone git@github.com:apache/incubator-hudi.git

   - cd incubator-hudi/scripts
   - ./release/validate_staged_release.sh --release=0.5.0 --rc_num=5

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours. The vote will pass if a majority of at least
three +1 IPMC votes are cast
Thanks,
Balaji.V(on behalf of Apache Hudi PPMC)