From "P. Taylor Goetz" <ptgo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Drop requirement that ASF members can join IPMC by just asking
Date Tue, 13 Aug 2019 00:11:29 GMT
I posted the following in a private@ thread:

Traditionally ASF membership + expressed interest has been the main path to the IPMC. Honestly,
I think “someone who has significantly helped a project navigate incubation through to successful
graduation” holds at least as much merit as ASF membership.

There’s the added benefit of recent experience. My experience with the incubator 5-6 years
ago is likely different than what podlings experience today. The core values haven’t changed,
but some processes have.

That is where I see new blood brings value.

———

I see value in lowing the bar for entry to the IPMC. I also see value in allowing interested
Members to auto-join. Default to inclusivity.

-Taylor