From Javi Roman <jroman.espi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [OFFER] Offer to Mentor one or two podlings
Date Tue, 20 Aug 2019 18:10:31 GMT
At Apache Myriad we need some help, our more active mentor is really
busy right now.

Myriad => Hadoop YARN (Big Data) and the awesome Mesos, what else! ;-)
--
Javi Roman

Twitter: @javiromanrh
GitHub: github.com/javiroman
Linkedin: es.linkedin.com/in/javiroman
Big Data Blog: dataintensive.info
Apache Id: javiroman

On Tue, Aug 20, 2019 at 5:42 PM John D. Ament <johndament@apache.org> wrote:

> Julian,
>
> Apache Tamaya could use help.  My activity has been reduced pretty heavily as of late.
>
> John
>
> On 2019/08/13 06:21:54, Julian Feinauer <j.feinauer@pragmaticminds.de> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > this goes to the IPMC as well as to podlings watching this list.
> > I just recently became IPMC member and am currently pretty active in the IoTDB Project
as “informal mentor” (started there before becoming IPMC member) together with 3 other
pretty active mentors.
> > As I received a lot of help from mentors and learned a lot about the Apache Way
since I joined incubating projects, I think its time now to give something back. I could join
one or two other podlings as Mentor if I am needed.

> > I gained a reasonable amount of “podling” experience hands-on during the last
2 years after joining the PLC4X project and moving from release 0.1 to TLP and am active in
other Podlings.
> > My main interest is in the IoT, Big Data and analytics area (I’m active in PLC4X,
Edgent, IoTDB and sometimes in Calcite) and mostly on the JVM. So this is the area where I
could help most, I guess.