From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Drop requirement that ASF members can join IPMC by just asking
Date Mon, 12 Aug 2019 22:34:42 GMT
Hi,

> Is there a problem we are trying to solve or is this just a concern that
> it might become a problem as we scale?

It’s already a problem. I suggest you look at the missing mentors / mentors who don’t
sign off report and look at how they were appointed. I can post the stats if you want, but
perhaps not to this list.

Changing this would also mean people who want to be IPMC members need to do a little work
at the IPMC (and it should be a low bar), that hopefully means more a bit more knowledge transfer
/ active mentors self select and a few more people helping the IPMC out.

Plus it’s different to how every other PMC appoints people, I don't see why the incubator
needs to be special in this regard.

Thanks,
Justin