From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] IPMC votes on releases
Date Sat, 10 Aug 2019 13:46:08 GMT
Hi,

> Another variation/option for those using the WIP disclaimer might be that
> since the WIP disclaimer kind of says this release doesn't have "full
> official" status from an ASF point of view then one way of thinking about
> it is that perhaps full official IPMC endorsement is less of a requirement
> so IPMC voting could be 3 days but lazy.

I like the idea but this wouldn’t be in line with the current ASF bylaws. I think they would
need to be changed for this to happen.

> I have no problem giving +1 to (E) at all but in reality, it is almost no
> effort for the 3 mentioned IPMC members on the dev list to just +1 the IPMC
> vote, so are we picking up the real problem podlings?

Only about 10%(?) of podlings manage to get 3 +1 votes from mentors/IPMC members on their
dev lists. even podlings with 3 active mentors can’t always get 3 +1 votes, some podlings
have 6 mentors and still can’t get 3 +1 votes on their releases..

Thanks,
Justin