From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] IPMC votes on releases
Date Sat, 10 Aug 2019 22:29:24 GMT
Hi,

> Option (F): stop calling them official ASF releases, which means PMC votes
> are not required.

In that case voting would not be required and they wouldn’t have to follow ASF policy. If
they are not official releases then we probably can’t release or distribute them on ASF
infrastructure. We do allow connivance binaries but they still have to follow ASF policy and
have to be made from the source of an official release. In this scenario how do podlings learn
what is required to make official releases?

Thanks,
Justin