From Justin Mclean <justinmcl...@me.com>
Subject Re: Feedbacks and Questions about Podling Status Files and Incubator Website
Date Thu, 01 Aug 2019 22:51:42 GMT
Hi,

Take a look at the note at the bottom of [1]

> I want to update podling status file and have some questions and feedbacks:
>
> 1) https://incubator.apache.org/guides/website.html says that:
>
> Podling status files are maintained in SVN, and you should continue to
> maintain them at
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/public/trunk/content/projects/
>
> So, I've updated the XML file at SVN, is that enough (may not b enough
> according to question 5)?

It depends on what you want updated.

> 2) A mentor will also need to update it until others in the project’s PPMC
> can update it.
> What are the requirements for PPMC can update it?

From memory but I’ve not checked any IPMC member shod be able to edit that file.

> 4) This link doesn't work:
> https://builds.apache.org/view/H-L/view/Incubator/job/Incubator%20Site/ at
> here:

The site was recently split into a 2 stage build process, so there’s two jenkins jobs now
one to build the clutch and one to build the site,

> 5) https://incubator.apache.org/guides/ppmc.html#Project+Status+Updates says
> that:
>
> Podling rosters are maintained in Whimsy. Going forward, the content in
> projects/$podling.xml is considered deprecated.

Whimsey keeps rosters (and modifies the XML file) so there no need to update rosters in that
XML file manually.

> So, how can I update here: https://whimsy.apache.org/roster/ppmc/flagon (apart
> from modifying Mentor/PPMC list)?

That will only update the roster.