From Julian Feinauer <j.feina...@pragmaticminds.de>
Subject Re: Business decisions and risk (was: [DISCUSS] IPMC votes on releases)
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2019 11:00:18 GMT
Hi Greg,

I think Justins Answer refers to the WIP-Disclaimer which was recently added to the incubator
Policy Page:
https://incubator.apache.org/policy/incubation.html#disclaimers

A Podlings releasing with the WIP Disclaimer is no ASF release, so I consider Justins response
is no misdirection and I would also agree on that.

Julian

PS.: Allow me to add a very personal side note. But it seems to me that the tone in this discussion
is from time to time rather harsh. I know that many people here have a long history in the
ASF and with each other but it just doesn’t seem right that two very seasoned and well established
ASF mentors consider that one of them straight lies on purpose on a ML, which makes me a bit
sad : /

Am 14.08.19, 12:51 schrieb "Greg Stein" <gstein@gmail.com>:

    On Wed, Aug 14, 2019, 00:33 Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > > Q: Does the IPMC want to produce non-ASF releases?
    >
    > A: We already are

    Not true, as you well know. Whether we call the above a lie, or
    misdirection is left to the reader.

    The IPMC currently attempts to ensure all podling releases conform to
    policy, and then/thus calls them ASF releases.

    This thread is to ask about stopping that approach. That we can/should make
    a business decision to accept the moot risk of placing podling releases on
    our distribution servers.

    -g