From Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Druid (incubating) 0.15.1 [RC2]
Date Mon, 12 Aug 2019 20:17:48 GMT
+1 (binding)

Checked hashes; in -src.tar.gz, checked license, notice, disclaimer, readme; compiled from
source (skipping tests) on Ubuntu/JDK 8; ran RAT; checked that src tarball contents match
git commit c698daa.

Did not examine -bin.tar.gz.

Julian

> On Aug 9, 2019, at 5:28 PM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> +1 (binding)
>
> I checked:
> - incubating in name
> - signatures and hashes fine
> - LICENSE is fine
> - NOTICE may need a little work
> - No unexpected binary files
> - Source files have ASF headers
> - Can compile from source
>
> NOTICE mentions using code From Apache Hive, Apache Lucerne, Apache Hadoop and Apache
Calcite. Only Calcite is mentioned in your NOTICE file and all of those projects have NOTICE
files, Jets3t contains a NOTICE file [3] so I think more needs to go in your NOTICE file.

> I am sort of curious how this is licensed [1] and if that should go in LICENSE? (which
I don’t think is an issue) and if you had permission from the people to use and distribute
the content in [2]