From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Business decisions and risk (was: [DISCUSS] IPMC votes on releases)
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2019 01:36:09 GMT
Hi,

> They are gated day by day by day. Empirically, we already know the podlings
> dislike this.

Empirically? I would say it’s more anecdotally, (and the anonymous podling survey has actually
never brought this up as an issue), and “day by day by day” is an exaggeration. Other
than the occasional -1 on a release (which is not a veto) how else does the IPMC gate podlings
other than at graduation? We could ask all of the current podlings in a more formal way and
see what they do think which might be helpful? And/or as was also suggested try this out with
a couple of podlings as an experiment and see what happens. Perhaps a first step is to ask
for a podling/mentors to volunteer for this?

Thanks,
Justin