From Julian Feinauer <j.feina...@pragmaticminds.de>
Subject Re: [OFFER] Offer to Mentor one or two podlings
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2019 13:32:04 GMT
Hi Javi,
hi John,

I will have a look and register to the mailing lists.
I was also pointet to Milagro, so I'll also check that out : )

Julian

Am 20.08.19, 20:11 schrieb "Javi Roman" <jroman.espinar@gmail.com>:

    At Apache Myriad we need some help, our more active mentor is really
    busy right now.

    Myriad => Hadoop YARN (Big Data) and the awesome Mesos, what else! ;-)
    --
    Javi Roman

    Twitter: @javiromanrh
    GitHub: github.com/javiroman
    Linkedin: es.linkedin.com/in/javiroman
    Big Data Blog: dataintensive.info
    Apache Id: javiroman

    On Tue, Aug 20, 2019 at 5:42 PM John D. Ament <johndament@apache.org> wrote:

    > Julian,
    >
    > Apache Tamaya could use help.  My activity has been reduced pretty heavily as of
late.

    > John
    >
    > On 2019/08/13 06:21:54, Julian Feinauer <j.feinauer@pragmaticminds.de> wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > this goes to the IPMC as well as to podlings watching this list.
    > > I just recently became IPMC member and am currently pretty active in the IoTDB
Project as “informal mentor” (started there before becoming IPMC member) together with
3 other pretty active mentors.
    > > As I received a lot of help from mentors and learned a lot about the Apache
Way since I joined incubating projects, I think its time now to give something back. I could
join one or two other podlings as Mentor if I am needed.

    > > I gained a reasonable amount of “podling” experience hands-on during the
last 2 years after joining the PLC4X project and moving from release 0.1 to TLP and am active
in other Podlings.
    > > My main interest is in the IoT, Big Data and analytics area (I’m active in
PLC4X, Edgent, IoTDB and sometimes in Calcite) and mostly on the JVM. So this is the area
where I could help most, I guess.