From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Business decisions and risk (was: [DISCUSS] IPMC votes on releases)
Date Thu, 15 Aug 2019 01:46:57 GMT
Hi

Thanks for the idea and offer of help.

> 1) Concurrent with the start of a release vote by a PPMC, the IPMC is
> to be notified that that vote is happening.  IPMC members are
> encouraged to participate in the vote process on the PPMC list where
> it is happening.

This has been discussed before and I’m not sure the IPMC has the bandwidth for this. Most
releases go through a couple RCs, sometime that can be more. This would be asking the IPMC
to potentially review 3x-5x the number of releases than it normally done.

> 3) If the PPMC vote completes before there is a call for an IPMC vote,
> the PPMC is free to make the release.

How does fit with the requirement that 3 +1 PMC votes needed for a release? Or is it doing
away with it?

Thanks,
Justin