From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] DataSketches-memory RC2
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2019 02:26:24 GMT
Hi,

> I have fixed the LICENSE file as you requested.

I hope you noticed that a couple of the files included multiple, differently licensed, pieces
of 3rd party code. Each license needs to be listed and checked if it is compatible with the
Apache License. If Apache LIcense you need to check if they have a NOTICE file and copy it’s
contents into your NOTICE file.

> Is it OK if these fixes go into the next release?

Sure, as always you can make a release if you get 3 or more +1 votes, and more +1 than -1
votes. You have no -1 votes, and I believe more than 3 +1 votes form IPMC members, 72 hours
have passed so you are all good to go.

Not however the recent discussion around a work in progress disclaimer, you might want to
move to using that rather than the standard disclaimer.

You might want to make sure there are not other issues, I didn’t do a full check of what
was in the release. I’d suggest running rat on it (which found some issues) and search for
copyright statements or URLs that reference GitHub or other repos.

Thanks,
Justin