From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] MetaObjects for Apache Incubator
Date Sun, 28 Jul 2019 06:27:34 GMT
Hi,

Thanks for your proposal it sounds like an interesting project.

> We believe that collaboration is a necessary prerequisite to great
> outcomes. We believe that healthy debate is an aspect of collaboration
> necessary for high-quality decisions.

Where are the discussion and decisions like this being currently made about the code base?

> Note, MetaObjects has been open-sourced in 2014 and is available at
> https://github.com/Draagon/draagon-metaobjects.

I note that the last commit was 3 years ago and there not a lot of activity and has only one
committer. Is there any reason for that? I assume active development is happening elsewhere?
Is this repro doing to be the donation or something else?

> * Champion:  Johan Edstrom - Apache, Savoirtech
>
> * Nominated Mentors:
> ** James Carman - Apache, Cengage
> ** Heath Kesler - Apache, Savoirtech
> ** Jamie Goodyear - Apache, Savoirtech

While anyone can help out, offical meanors need to part of the incubator PMC. ASF members
can ask to join the PMC, currently  Heath Kesler is not a ASF member or IPMC member so would
be unable to be an offical mentor. Have any of these proposed mentors, mentors an Apache project
before? If not do they understand what is required of them? I don’t believe Heath or Jamie
have been active on this mailing list.

Thanks,
Justin