From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Podlings, the Incubator, relationships and Apache
Date Wed, 03 Jul 2019 22:04:36 GMT

Sent from my iPhone

>>> Let's be pedantic and define those in this particular case, shall we?
>>> What exactly are the expectations for PPMC members?
>>
>> Do you mean what does the ASF expect from PPMC members (ie: "What will the PPMC members
do for the ASF")? Or do you mean what do PPMC members expect by the ASF ("What will the ASF
do for PPMC members")?

> No. The other way around. What are the expectation of protections that
> a legal shield is offering to PPMC *today*.
>
> IOW, what do folks expect ASF to provide.

That’s the incentive for the PPMC Members and Release Manager to have a release with no
issues to Disclaim. As Daniel write elsethread it is that point during Incubation that goal
was met.

Best,
Dave