From Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>
Subject Re: [Discuss] Graduate Apache OpenWhisk (incubating) as a TLP
Date Tue, 02 Jul 2019 17:44:50 GMT
I have been following some of the OpenWhisk traffic on the mailing list but
mostly at arms length, so I thought I would have my first play writing a
Groovy action this evening to see if the process would shed any light on
the project's graduation readiness. The result (with kudos to Markus
Thömmes whose repo I plagiarised):

https://github.com/paulk-asert/openwhisk-groovy

[As an aside: perhaps it belongs in devtools? It seems very similar to the
maven-java example contained in there - let me know if you want a PR.]

Anyway, everything seemed as expected or close to expected in terms of
branding/what I could download/disclaimers etc. With all of your repos and
moving parts on the server side of things, you will no doubt have an
on-going effort in terms of working out what and how to package things
going forward - since things will no doubt keep changing. I don't see any
reason why that on-going effort needs to be done any further within
incubation. There are still things which seem like they might need more
work, like the CLI releases page on github but I see discussions indicating
that folks seem to understand the issues involved.

So from my point of view you seem ready for graduation.

Cheers, Paul.