From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: New disclaimer text
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2019 08:30:32 GMT
Hi,

On Sun, Jun 30, 2019 at 1:39 AM Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
> ...I put up suggested text changes for an incubator disclaimer here [1]...

Basically just adding this, right?

> Some of the project releases may not follow ASF policy or have
> incomplete or unknown licensing conditions....

It works for me but I'd say "incubating project" to be clearer.

> ...It also been suggested than any known issues be listed in the disclaimer...

I don't think that works as modifying the disclaimer to list issues
will change the digests of the archive that's being voted on - and
those shouldn't change IMO.

As Paul suggests in a different thread I'd go for easy to find tickets
to describe those changes. The disclaimer might point to
http://incubator.apache.org/release-issues which in turn points to
those tickets, keyed by release name and version number. Or something
like that - a permalink that points to the details.

-Bertrand