From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE][LAZY] the Incubator as a service provider for podlings (was: overzealous bureaucracy...)
Date Thu, 18 Jul 2019 08:12:10 GMT
Hi,

As discussed in the "overzealous bureaucracy" thread, I suggest
changing the text on the http://incubator.apache.org/ homepage to
present the Incubator as a service provider for podlings.

I think the current description can be understood as the Incubator
being a"stern gatekeeper to the ASF" and that's not good.

Defining the Incubator a service provider will give us a documented
basis to adapt our tone and processes if we (or podlings) notice that
we're being a stern gatekeeper again, as has happened in the past.

If people agree with the general idea we can discuss the details of
the new text at https://github.com/apache/incubator/pull/12 if needed.

I suggest using this thread more to discuss (and hopefully approve ;-)
the general idea of this change.

I'm planning to merge #12 in the next few days unless someone from the
Incubator PMC objects.

-Bertrand