From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] MetaObjects for Apache Incubator
Date Tue, 30 Jul 2019 08:35:26 GMT
Hi,

> Currently most development is happening within Cengage.  The core library hasn't changed
much, aside from some bug fixes.  Most of the recent innovation has occurred in other libraries
built upon the draagon-metaobjects foundations.  That code is part of what is proposed to
be donated to the apache-metaobjects project.

Thanks for that, I still a little unclear what code base is being donated. I’m just asking
as that may make the IP transfers process easier or harder, you might have to get ICLA from
people who have worked on it in the past for instance.

> Regarding the mentor list, I saw the Apache committer list included Heath, but misunderstood
that being a committer did not imply ASF membership, which was my mistake.  However, Johan
Edstrom and James Carman are members of the IPMC, and Jamie mentioned to me that he has requested
IPMC membership as well.  In addition, James has mentored a few projects in the past.  We
would welcome another mentor if anyone is interested in helping build a community around the
project.

I think it would be best for a project if you had an mentor with some more experience. It
can be difficult if you mentors go missing or if they may not be familiar with recent changes
in infrastructure or the incubator.

Thanks,
Justin