From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache OpenWhisk Catalog (v0.10.0-incubating, rc1)
Date Sat, 06 Jul 2019 01:26:34 GMT
HI,

+1 (binding)

I checked:
- incubating in name
- signatures and hashes correct
- LICENSE still needs some work
- NOTICE is fine
- no unexpected binary files
- all source files have ASF headers

These files [1][2] are missing a license header, and are 3rd party files (I assume) whose
license is not mentioned in LICENSE. How are these files licensed? Is their license even compatible
with the Apache license?

I know the answer but has the PPMC looked into this? I see no discussion about this on your
mailing list. Look at your mailing like I see "[x] All files have license headers as specified
by OpenWhisk project policy [1].” in that vote thread, this is obviously not the case as
rat output clearly shows.

I’m surprised these sort of issues keep occurring wth your releases, given it's a license
issue it may be a graduation blocking issue.

Thanks,
Justin

1. incubator-openwhisk-catalog-0.10.0-incubating/gradlew.bat
2. incubator-openwhisk-catalog-0.10.0-incubating/gradlew