From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Incubator policy wording
Date Wed, 31 Jul 2019 21:29:37 GMT
HI,

> A couple of suggested edits to the responsibilities.

Thanks for those.

> A note about "Podlings MUST NOT perform any releases”. I think that this does not properly
handle the reality of new Podlings like Zipkin that already have existing communities and
need to transition their release process to the ASF.

I agree, but the distinction is those are not Apache releases and the release management page
covers that reasonably well. I was just trying to fix up the wording here, not change policy.

> We need to discuss how we provide the appropriate guidance for that aspect. I’m not
sure of the best way to describe this, but efforts should be made.

See [1]

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#requesting_feedback_on_interim_non_asf_releases