From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Podlings, the Incubator, relationships and Apache
Date Wed, 03 Jul 2019 06:07:30 GMT
Hi,

> Or we *don't* provide legal protections. That *is* what the disclaimer is
> there for.

For that to happen I think the disclaimer text would need to change, I’m assuming you don’t
think that. Even so a DISCLAIMER doesn’t remove legal obligations.

> I don't recall that advice. In fact, Roman seemed to indicate Legal would
> be just fine with that.

Only if the incubator is not considered a TLP but is a special construct within the Foundation.
Several people have indicated they see the incubator as a TLP.

> IMO, stop being pessimistic. Move forward with change to stop the gating,
> and let podlings do their releases without all the IPMC burden.

We want to be at “D” or “E” , we’re currently at “A”  and there's a few steps
that need to be taken. I don’t believe the IPMC can just say “make it so” and move from
“A" to “E”. We also need consensus which I don’t believe we have yet, so we might
end up at “F” or “G”. Also if we make this position “offical”, it will stop the
same issue from reoccurring in the future. It has occurred every few years since the incubator
has existed as far as I can tell. Well that’s the way I see it anyway, you and others may
see it differently.

Thanks,
Justin