From Justin Mclean <justinmcl...@me.com>
Subject Re: New disclaimer text
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2019 09:48:50 GMT
Hi,

>> Some of the project releases may not follow ASF policy or have
>> incomplete or unknown licensing conditions….

Yes just that line added, I put it own the wiki and highlighted any changes.

> It works for me but I'd say "incubating project" to be clearer.

Will change.

> I don't think that works as modifying the disclaimer to list issues
> will change the digests of the archive that's being voted on - and
> those shouldn't change IMO.

I think the intent was to only list known issues, so yes issues found in the current RC may
not be listed and that may be an issue. I’m not against other ideas.

> As Paul suggests in a different thread I'd go for easy to find tickets
> to describe those changes. The disclaimer might point to
> http://incubator.apache.org/release-issues which in turn points to
> those tickets, keyed by release name and version number. Or something
> like that - a permalink that points to the details.

The problem wth that is that content at that URL would change, it hard to compare what has
changed between releases, or without careful tagging anyway.

Thanks,
Justin