From Daniel Shahaf <...@daniel.shahaf.name>
Subject Re: New disclaimer text
Date Tue, 02 Jul 2019 18:55:44 GMT
Dave Fisher wrote on Tue, 02 Jul 2019 10:28 -0700:
> > On Jul 1, 2019, at 1:30 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacretaz@codeconsult.ch>
wrote:

> > Hi,
> >
> > On Sun, Jun 30, 2019 at 1:39 AM Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
> >> ...I put up suggested text changes for an incubator disclaimer here [1]...
> >
> > Basically just adding this, right?
> >
> >> Some of the project releases may not follow ASF policy or have
> >> incomplete or unknown licensing conditions....
> >
> > It works for me but I'd say "incubating project" to be clearer.
>
> How is this?
>
> “Some of the incubating project’s releases may not be fully compliant
> with ASF policy. For example, releases may have incomplete or unreviewed
> licensing conditions. Known issues will be described on the project’s
> status page."

I think the meaning you guys are after is "The artifact may not be in
compliance with Apache's policies (CatA/CatB/CatX, etc)", but what you
actually drafted so far can be read as "We do not promise to you that the
LICENSE file is complete and accurate", which would be a deal breaker to
downstreams.