From Dave Fisher <w...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Incubator policy wording
Date Wed, 31 Jul 2019 16:35:30 GMT
Hi Justin,

A couple of suggested edits to the responsibilities:

- Welcoming new Podlings to become part of the Apache Software Foundation (ASF).
- Guiding Podlings to govern and grow their communities according to *the Apache Way*, the
ASF's philosophy and guidelines for collaborative development. (Provide a link.)

A note about language:

"MAY choose to distribute” should be shortened to “MAY distribute"

A note about "Podlings MUST NOT perform any releases”. I think that this does not properly
handle the reality of new Podlings like Zipkin that already have existing communities and
need to transition their release process to the ASF. We need to discuss how we provide the
appropriate guidance for that aspect. I’m not sure of the best way to describe this, but
efforts should be made.

Thanks,
Dave