From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Date Mon, 22 Jul 2019 13:47:20 GMT
To make Dave's answer specific to your question: Yes, as chair of Apache
Drat (a TLP) you are expected to follow board@ "to ensure that [you] are
aware of Foundation level issues that may affect their project":

  https://www.apache.org/dev/pmc.html#chair

Podling or IPMC folk do *not* need to subscribe (and unless they're
Members, they can't subscribe to board@).

Personally, I expect TLP Chairs to ensure quarterly reports are
submitted and that their project replies to all direct board questions
(typically the "Board feedback on..." emails) in a timely manner.
Reading *all* of the rest board@ is not something I personally think
plenty of chairs do, which I certainly understand the past month or so.

Ted Dunning wrote on 2019-7-21 1:44PM EDT:
> Tom,
>
> We need to fix board@. You are correct that it isn't usable currently. Not
> for you. Not for the board.

+1, Ted is spot on.  The directors are working on improvements, but need
thoughtful ideas and feedback.

--

- Shane
  Director & Member