From Rodric Rabbah <rab...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache OpenWhisk Runtimes v1.13.0-incubating
Date Sun, 09 Jun 2019 12:53:40 GMT

For several of the issues you noted, I opened github defects [1-4] against the relevant repos
so that we will address them before the next release of the corresponding artifacts. We've
also discussed the use of "short licenses" [5] and we document our use of the short licenses
and license exclusions (noted for gradle) here [6] per Apache guidance [7].

[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk-runtime-docker/issues/69
[2] https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk-runtime-python/issues/58
[3] https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk-runtime-go/issues/87
[4] https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk-runtime-go/issues/91
[5] https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/bbec59cc560d446a4239627dcb463bc95fb98be5eb66d525f93e5ef1@%3Cdev.openwhisk.apache.org%3E
[6] https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk-release/blob/master/docs/license_compliance.md
[7] https://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html

> - The go LICENSE incorrectly states you should add "Copyright 2015-2016  IBM Corporation”
to your own files
> - the text of the license for Filetype 1.0.5 is not included (as required by it's license).
The pointer to the licenses should point to a copy of the license in distribution as licenses
and URLs can change over time.

The license was corrected and is now the Apache license with no added text. The references
to filetype were no longer relevant but
> - How is this file licensed? [3] Even if is it a “free” license it may have terms
around distribution that make it incompatible with the Apache license, and even if not then
it still good to list it in LICENSE.