From "Kevin A. McGrail" <kmcgr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Podling releases and release policy
Date Sun, 02 Jun 2019 17:09:46 GMT
I think the fact that incubating releases are not official ASF releases
covers this issue.  The full effect of the shield is more a risk for the
programmers in the limbo state of incubating from my perspective.

On 6/1/2019 11:27 PM, Justin Mclean wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The other though that occurred to me is if we do this, are the people involved covered
by ASF’s legal shield? i.e Does it pass the clean line mentioned in [1].

> "Deviations from this policy may have an adverse effect on the legal shield's effectiveness,
or the insurance premiums Apache pays to protect officers and directors, so are strongly discouraged
without prior, explicit board approval. "

> Thanks,
> Justin
>
> 1. http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#why

Kevin A. McGrail