From "David P Grove" <gro...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Re: Re: [VOTE] Apache OpenWhisk graduation to Top Level Project
Date Mon, 10 Jun 2019 22:22:27 GMT

Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote on 06/10/2019 06:08:34 PM:

> > 1. CI/CD.  We have automation (Jenkins/TravisCI) that automatically
> > publishes images to dockerhub from the master branch of many of our git
> > repos.  These images are all tagged with git commit hash style tags.
The
> > 'latest' tag is always an alias to the most recent of these CI/CD tags.
> > These images are not intended for users.
>
> That doesn't seem to be made clear on those docker pages.[4]  Just
> saying on your download pages that releases marked “latest” for not
> for users, where those release are elsewhere, use may not be enough.
>
> For instance read [1] (draft) and see [2], and also see [3]. There
> some work going on on an official policy around this but I don’t
> believe it will differ form [1] too much.

Thanks.  The draft at [1] is quite helpful. I've searched for something
like that multiple times over the last year and never found it.  Is this
new or is my search karma not good ;)

OpenWhisk has work to do to come into compliance wrt dockerhub.

--dave

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=109454613