From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: LGPL dependency
Date Fri, 14 Jun 2019 14:57:28 GMT
Hi -

> On Jun 14, 2019, at 5:08 AM, York Shen <shenyuancs@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> It depends on the definition of optional dependency. Weex targets iOS, Android and Browser
environment and Webkit header files and shared library are only bundled for Android environment.
As for other environments, the OS or browser itself has exposed enough API for Weex.

> PS: I am pretty sure that the iOS system itself uses almost the same code of Webkit as
Weex does to build its WKWebView. It’s really strange that’s ok for Weex iOS and not ok
for Weex Android.

Exactly. Please bring this to Legal Discuss as a platform dependency. In other words if on
Android you must WebKit then it wouldn’t surprise a downstream.

Regards,
Dave

>> 在 2019年6月14日,19:17,Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> 写道:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>>> Well, what if Weex copies some BSD header files in Webkit then run on Webkit?
IMHO, the Webkit is also an environment for Weex in this case.

>> You still didi not answer if this is an optional dependancy? But again either way
I suggest you ask on legal discuss.