From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Tuweni (incubating) 0.7.0
Date Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:29:57 GMT
Hi,

-1 for missing DISCLAIMER, GPL source code in the release and a compiled code in the release.

I suggest you use a checklist like this one to help you. [1]. This page is also very useful
when making your license and notice filed [2].

If you need any help or want the IPMC to check think before you make a release just ask.

I checked:
- incubating in name
- DISCLAIMER is missing
- LICENSE is missing a number of things (see below)
- NOTICE contains license information that should be in LICENSE
- Source file have ASF headers
- There’s an unexpected binary file in the release [11]
- THE GPL licensed content in the release
- I didn’t try to compile the code

LICENSE is missing license:
- for this this file [3] which may be this [4]
- this file [5] which also include has two headers.
- in the directory of [5] other files have ASF headers and I’m wondering if they should,
looking at [6] it mention this link [7]  which is GPL licensed [8]. GPL licensed code can’t
be included in a source release,
- several files like this one [9] which are MIT licenses

This file [10] (and I assume others in that directory) is also GPL licensed.

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/Incubator+Release+Checklist
2. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html
3. ./tuweni-src-0.7.0/progpow/src/main/java/org/apache/tuweni/progpow/Keccakf800.java
4. https://github.com/bcgit/bc-java/blob/master/LICENSE.html
5.  ./tuweni-src-0.7.0/scuttlebutt-rpc/src/test/java/org/apache/tuweni/scuttlebutt/rpc/mux/PatchworkIntegrationTest.java
6../progpow/src/main/java/org/apache/tuweni/progpow/ProgPoW.java
7. https://github.com/ifdefelse/ProgPOW
8. https://github.com/ifdefelse/ProgPOW/blob/master/LICENSE
9. ./toml/src/test/resources/org/apache/tuweni/toml/hard_example.toml
10. ./eth-reference-tests/src/test/resources/tests/ansible/ec2.py
11. ./gradle/wrapper/gradle-wrapper.jar