From Justin Mclean <justinmcl...@me.com>
Subject Re: Podling releases and release policy
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2019 09:15:54 GMT
Hi,

> Historically, demonstrably, we have applied a different policy to "podling
> releases" that is a bit more lenient. Once the podling graduates, it must
> conform to the formal Apache release guidelines.

1. There is no seperate incubator release policy for podling/IPMC releases, well no formal
written down one anyway.
2. The IPMC does currenly give podlings a lot of leeway and treats IPMC releases differently
to TLP releases. A look at recent IPMC release votes will find +1 votes on issues that would
probably be -1 on a TLP release.

Perhaps read what going in the board report [1] (still draft) as I think that captures it
well.

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/June2019