From Antoine Toulme <anto...@toulme.name>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Tuweni (incubating) 0.7.0
Date Sun, 02 Jun 2019 21:11:43 GMT
Thanks for the review. I originally replied on the private list. I’ll reply again here:

> On May 31, 2019, at 12:37 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> Apologies for the delay.
>
> -1 (binding)
>
> Policy violations:
> The missing DISCLAIMER in the source release is a blocker.
> Please move https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tuweni to https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/tuweni
for the next candidate.
Ack.

> I checked the signatures and checksums.
> I checked LICENSE and NOTICE. There can be some improvements for the binary packages,
but these are not blockers on a first release.
Please report what could be improved - maybe in a different thread?
> The tgz and zip versions diffs match.
>
> README.md should be directed towards building and not to advertising nightly snapshots
and referencing project build infrastructure. CI builds are not what projects produce. Releases
are what projects produce. CI builds are for the project developer community and not the project
user community.
I have opened a thread on the dev list to discuss this further on May 17th - any chance we
can discuss more there?
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/6df8364a753e225a8f7f0b7a42acb8c3bcafa79191cb46359f4643ee@%3Cdev.tuweni.apache.org%3E
<https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/6df8364a753e225a8f7f0b7a42acb8c3bcafa79191cb46359f4643ee@%3Cdev.tuweni.apache.org%3E>

> My ./gradlew build fails in the javadoc with
> tuweni-src-0.7.0/progpow/src/main/java/org/apache/tuweni/progpow/ProgPoW.java:29: error:
unknown tag: implSpe
> * @implSpec https://github.com/ifdefelse/ProgPOW
>  ^
As I mentioned, this denotes that you are using a very old version of Java. Please report
your setup and file a bug.

> RAT Check is pretty good once the eth-reference tests are excluded.
I have opened a thread on the dev list to discuss if the .rat-excludes should be shipped with
the source distro.
Any chance you can reply there with more info?
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/5ce223348b003295a8b68a310eeee5b28a267ed1aa61689b5b43e596@%3Cdev.tuweni.apache.org%3E
<https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/5ce223348b003295a8b68a310eeee5b28a267ed1aa61689b5b43e596@%3Cdev.tuweni.apache.org%3E>

> The two archives in the source release make sense as exceptions. A rewritten README.md
would explain the gradle wrapper.

> The file licenses/license-dependency.xml is very helpful. How is it generated?
This file is generated by the build using the script gradle/check-licenses.gradle.

> Since Tuweni includes Crypto code the podling will need to file export controls with
the release [1]
I might not get to this for a little while. Please let me know if this is a release blocker.
Would you mind filing a bug?