From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache OpenWhisk API Gateway (v0.10.0-incubating, rc2)
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2019 22:10:28 GMT
On Tue, 11 Jun 2019 at 22:32, Dave Grove <dgrove@apache.org> wrote:

> On 2019/06/08 03:42:43, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > BTW I think this points out one of the dangers of possible over reliance of using
scripts to check releases. In case the issue is minor but sometimes it won’t be.

> Yes.  Point taken. The two MIT-licensed files are in git exactly where the NOTICE file
says they are, but the subdirectory they were in was excluded from the tar command.  The files
are only needed for testing, so it doesn't make the release unusable, but excluding them is
not what should have happened.

Perhaps the script should check that the contents of the repo tag
agree with the contents of the source bundle.
This would catch both missing and spurious files, as well as
unwarranted changes.