From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [CONF] INCUBATOR > June2019
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2019 14:09:29 GMT
On Wed, 5 Jun 2019 at 23:40, Justin Mclean <justinmclean@me.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > I'm afraid these notices are almost worthless.
>
> Yep I ageee.
>
> > Is there a way to get a diff instead of the entire document?
>
> You can get a visual diff on the web page, but no way to see a simple diff that I know
of.

You can sign up for daily updates.
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/users/viewmyemailsettings.action
This includes a summary of updates for all pages which you have
permission to view.
The entries link to the visual diff page.

Unfortunately if a small change was made to a big page, it can be hard
to find the change; it's not easy to search by a colour.

A diff listing of a big page also has its problems - line numbers
don't tell you what section has been changed.

I wonder whether it is worth considering splitting the Incubator
report into separate pages for each podling?
That would make diffs easier to follow.

Or perhaps using a separate Git repo for the reports?