From Davor Bonaci <da...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Podlings, the Incubator, relationships and Apache
Date Sun, 30 Jun 2019 19:10:41 GMT
I do -not- have a problem where this is all tracking towards and believe it
is right, but I do have a problem with how it is justified and explained.

People say: "Incubator is a PMC/TLP", "Incubator takes on the resultant
legal obligations associated w/ any PMC doing a release", "we can NOT allow
any relaxation of the ASF release policy for a TLP", and then conclude that
Incubator can do ~whatever it wants. This logic does not pass the
consistency test.

So... if you want that [new] people in the future don't trip on this, it is
*necessary* to break this logic somehow.