From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: overzealous bureaucracy (was: [VOTE] Zipkin leave incubator, return back to OpenZipkin)
Date Thu, 20 Jun 2019 08:30:17 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, Jun 20, 2019 at 9:38 AM Lars Francke <lars.francke@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...Projects wishing to join the ASF as a TLP would then at some point need to
> abide by the rules (some of which probably also don't make sense but that's
> a different discussion) but until then Mentors could just provide hints...

Note that this was one of the reasons for creating the Maturity Model
[1], as described in its "overview" section.

Projects that may want to move to the ASF later can start by following
those principles, or at least the ones that apply outside of the ASF,
making their move easier if the time comes.

But I'm not sure if the ASF itself needs to be involved in that.
Individuals who want to help such projects can do that independently.

-Bertrand

[1] https://community.apache.org/apache-way/apache-project-maturity-model.html