From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: Incubation Pain Points
Date Tue, 18 Jun 2019 10:44:47 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, Jun 17, 2019 at 10:24 AM Christofer Dutz
<christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:
> ...We have to make them understand that the ASF is more than a GIT repo, CI Server and
Mailing lists.
> That the ASF has great things to provide (Legal Shield, Marketing, Infra, ...) but that
this only works
> If you play along with some rules we have. Also should we explain WHY these rules are
there...

In principle I would agree, but at the Incubator level I think there's
way to many unclear or badly documented rules.

Could we adopt the Maturity Model [1] as the only thing to which
podlings must conform to to graduate? Do we need more than that?

Focusing on such a clearly defined set of rules and removing anything
from http://incubator.apache.org/ that's not essential in that view
might make our podlings life much easier.

-Bertrand

[1] https://community.apache.org/apache-way/apache-project-maturity-model.html
[2] http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html