From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Podlings, the Incubator, relationships and Apache
Date Fri, 28 Jun 2019 22:09:43 GMT

On 6/27/19, 10:57 PM, "Justin Mclean" <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:

    But VP legal said as much the other day. "we can NOT allow any relaxation of the ASF release
policy for a TLP.”

 I interpret that to mean that a TLP must eventually get around to fixing non-compliance.
 A TLP cannot stop attempting to find non-compliance before shipping a release as well.  An
"exception" would be a potentially permanent allowance of non-compliance.  And since I think
VP Legal said that the legal committee mainly does risk profiling of non-compliance and the
"business decision" is up to the PMC, I think that gives the IPMC the ability to be give podlings
even more time to deal with non-compliance about most things.  It appears there is general
consensus that "right to distribute closed source" would be the main and potentially only
blocker for podlings.

My 2 cents,
-Alex