From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Infrastructure removing releases Was: Re: [VOTE] Apache Tuweni 0.8.0
Date Wed, 26 Jun 2019 03:01:04 GMT
Hi,

> I apologize for missing that question in the May report.

I've ask esthe question several times over serval months (in slightly different forms) and
not got a clear answer.

The most recent conversations have been on Slack. See for instance [2] or [3] (where is seems
that sometimes infra are the police) or [4].

I can’t find the email in question, but did recall and find this (although it's from a while
ago) [1]

> Infrastructure is not checking releases to validate their correctness.
> Infra has no desire to be the ASF Police force. (though I'm sure we'd
> have cool uniforms and badges….)

Something like the vegan police from Scott Pilgrim vs the World I would imagine :-)

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/2f22c70119eafe2a5c6999534b9c0153581b1810d535f43ccafabe14@1166645553@%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E
2. https://the-asf.slack.com/archives/CBX4TSBQ8/p1556248064429300